Solutions & Analysis
Project Retail consults with many retailers of all shapes & sizes around the country to grow not only sales but cash & profits.
We work hard to help our retailers succeed and are confident we can do that for you.
PROJECT RETAIL TAKES YOUR PASSION FOR BUYING AND SELLING, AND TURNS THAT INTO HIGHER PROFITS AND MORE CASH
OUR PROVEN STRATEGIES INCLUDE:
- Forecasting sales, inventory and purchases by class
- Forecasting and measuring markdowns as a percentage of sales (by class)
- Sales targets by classification by location
- Inventory levels and targets by classification by location
- Proper balance of inventory by classification by location
- Proper flowing of merchandise into each location will maximize inventory investment
- Monthly & Weekly merchandising budgets to meet desired targets
We tailor our monthly meetings to meet the needs of each individual client to maximize op-portunities and minimize potential threats by analyzing & interpreting the measured cus-tomer demand. As a client of Project Retail, you will walk away with a strategic action plan that is customized for you & your store each month. This also includes an actual year-to-date cash flow analysis, as well as cash flow projections for the upcoming season.
Project Retail provides an objective, unbiased analysis by looking at your business from the inside out. We use Retail Orbit©, the dynamic sales forecasting & merchandising planning tool that is designed to help you grow your business – not only in profits but most more importantly with cash. We start with the basics, as they are the critical elements to measure in order to manage & maintain a profitable retail business. We look at your current business situation, how and where we can improve – we find the true potential of your business and guide you on how to get there.
THE FOLLOWING REPRESENTS SOME OF THE MERCHANDISING METRICS THAT WE USE TO STRATEGICALLY BUILD THE MERCHANDISE STRATEGIES TO GROW AND BUILD YOUR BUSINESS:
- Break-Even Analysis for each location
- Sales, inventory, and purchases by class for each location
- Markdowns as a percentage of sales by class for each location
- IMU vs. MMU by class
- Measure and plan Gross Margin Return on Investment (GMROI)
- Measure and plan Cash Margin Return on Investment (CMROI)
- Merchandise freshness factor by classification
- Stock to sales ratio by classification
- Inventory Turn
- Inventory Freshness